Life aboard Time for Us II has been going really well so far this spring. I have not posted much because we have been pretty busy getting things done on the boat and things done at home. The weather has been so undependable. It has been a cool spring. I think we've only had a couple days above 70 degrees. Some of the mornings have been downright chilly. I hope summer is finally here.
At home we've been working on our landscaping. We planted five 7' pine trees in an old garden that was at the back of the house. We also planted a new flowering pear out front to replace the one that died during the winter. It was a lot of back breaking work and we are glad it's finally done.
We're still cleaning and waxing and trying to bring the boat back up to snuff. Last week I came out during the week and scrubbed carpeting inside the boat. I finished the salon and the forward cabin. I'm going to have to go back and do the aft cabin yet. I ran out of time and steam.
Mid May we had an all day "event" at the boat. Dan had a serviceman come out from Bridgeway. They are a distributor/warranty service for Cummins engines. We had what they call a Captain's briefing. Ernie was at our boat for nine hours. $$$ Yikes. It was very informative though and well worth the price. I think I know more about diesel engines than I ever thought possible. Ernie changed our oil, our oil filters, diesel filters and water impellers on both engines. Dan usually does all the maintainance and most of the repairs on his boat; but wanted to be sure he knew the correct procedure for diesels. He feels much better about how the boat runs and what to expect from it after our time with Ernie.
We have spent most weekends at the boat. This past weekend, June 13-14 we were in Holland,MI for the MS150 bike ride. I have supported Multiple Sclerosis for 4 years through the ride, this was Dan's second year. We have managed to stay a few week nights at the boat. The marina is so quiet and the lake is just beautiful during the week. The hardest part about staying is getting up and leaving the next morning to go to work. : )
We will be at the boat this weekend for our annual appetizer stroll. This is the second summer that we will be taking part in a stroll around the marina to sample appetizers set out by various well owners. Everyone that takes part thinks up a theme and food to go with their theme. There's a competition for prizes and a chance to get to know everyone better. We are hoping for a great turnout this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment